Saturday, July 7, 2012

Final Count Down



Its about 4:30 PM my time and I just finished checking in for my flight, I have started the packing thing (even under much denial that I am leaving tomorrow) and now I really want to take a nap, but I am going to write instead. No nap for me!

Finals went well... I think. I made an A on my presentation and an A on my paper, so it's looking good, my other final... well who knows on that one. My award last night at our farewell dinner was something about the Pursuit of Happiness and I found it hilarious since I am no closer to finding the answer to that and all my papers on that topic I'm sure were way off topic :) I don't do philosophy well. Or at all.

Our farewell dinner was nice, food was ehhhh but we got free wine and iced tea. Happiness was found there :) After our dinner we broke off into groups and headed out for a drink or two. Then we lost half the group that went with us and it ended up being Scott, Karen, Sara (Dr.) Costello and I. We went to a cute little place on the Tiber Island and shared a bottle of prosecco. Yum. After that We met up with Jess and her crew at the Campo de Fiori and had a drink at Mercato and then headed out to go dancing. Jess, Macy, Luke, his family and I danced the night away in a loud, sweaty, obnoxiously lit club and I had the most amazing time! It was just what I needed. The music in the club was amazing, Houston clubs need to take a clue from the Europeans, they know how to do it right.

Today I slept in a bit and then Karen and I went to see the Pyramid and the cemetery where Keats is buried. It was a gorgeous cemetery and tiny. Then we went to Spagna and had lunch, and then walked home taking in all of Rome that we can before we head home tomorrow.

The dorm is pretty silent right now. Lots of people are out and avoiding being here because they know what tomorrow brings and no one is really happy to be leaving. Its sad. I may be slightly depressed and I haven't even left yet.

I will be happy not to see Italian food for a while though, while eating lunch I hit my limit and was like I just can't eat this anymore. Pizza and pasta are taking a back seat on the food menu for quite a while. Just saying...


No comments: