Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Home



As Wednesday fades into Thursday, we are all working on our papers and getting ready for our finals. I am happy to be mostly done. I am 7 pages into an 8 page paper. All I have left is to do my bibliography and add some pictures. I feel ok about it. But I am getting anxious and for once its not about my grades, its about saying goodbye to Italy. I really truly am not ready. Yes there are things about being in a dorm and sharing a room and being with the same people for 5 weeks that I could do with out, but really I just want to stay.
If I could just beam my family, my dogs and a few of my friends here, I see no reason to come home.
But since I am talking about home I will tell you the things that I truly do miss.
After everything mentioned above, I miss my work out schedule . I think that makes me sound completely looney, but its the truth. I can't wait to get back into a routine with it. I feel lost and gross with out it. No matter how much walking I do, its still not the same.
I miss my dog rolling over into me all night long for snuggles, and the sigh she makes when she gets too hot under the covers and must get out of them immediately and its like I am in her way.
I miss seeing my mom and David every day.
I miss Zachary's nose in my face in the morning or him taking up my entire bed. I hope he knows the minute I get home we are having a massive dog pile on my bed and no one is allowed to leave. Until I want to go to sleep :)
I miss salad. Weird to miss something so basic, but here they really aren't that big or great when you do get one. Olive Garden and Barnabys... watch out!
I miss Emmie. I miss her laugh and her babble.
But even after all this... I still look at my suit case and get sad.
It makes me really wonder if maybe one day I will be able to actually live in another country all on my own. It makes me sad that I can do these things so easily.

I am looking forward to being home, I need puppy kisses and mom hugs!

Night Night and hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July.

No comments: