Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Rome if she wants to!








And she does! she does!

I am finally getting around to posting about my first few days in Rome. Thanks for being so patient. I have had to get adjusted to time zone and class all at the same time, and it has not been easy ;)

As some of you know my trip started off with a bang, sat next to a baby for a 7 hour flight to Frankfurt, got to Frankfurt and had 45 min to find my next terminal, arrived there and found out that the plane was delayed due to the lovely rain we were having in Germany. It was gross, and not only do some of the people there smell but i am 100% sure that the AC doesn't work in that airport. So after a sleepless flight there, I got on the lovely Lufthstansa and honestly don't remember the flight, I think I was in and out of consciousness for that 1.5 hour flight. I got off the plane and followed the crowd to baggage area and of course after waiting forever i realized I once again don't have any luggage. I wanted to cry and scream and curse and of course there was no one around to help me. I had to go exploring to find the customer service area. Any who, got luggage the next day after our Rome coordinator Tim so nicely helped me and called the airport and uses his lovely italian. Otherwise they would have taken me in circles like they did my room mate... who also did not have her luggage.

First day of class was pretty good and they were short. Normal class days will be about 3 hours long. Lord what have I gotten myself into?!?!

Our first real day of exploring was called the "Death March" and it consisted of a 4.5 mile 8 hour walk and stop and look tour. It was sooo much fun till about 12pm when we all needed a lunch break and were getting cranky. That so far has been my worst meal. The pizza I order was something else, nothing like the exact same kind I ordered at a different place which was much better. I am taking pictures of the food I eat, so mom, David, and Ainsy... no laughing!

Today we went to a museum that was all replicas and casts of art work from Roman times that are hard to see here in Rome or are in other museums and not accessible to the public eye. They were pretty cool, and there was a replica of the entire city of Rome! It was crazy large and I still had no clue how to work the city. I also went for my first run today and went to explore the Tiber River. There is a bike jog trail along the entire river and it was so peaceful and quiet.

I really am having a great time and getting used to all the walking and the people, and for some of you out there, you know who you are... I have not been cat called or hit on by any of the Italian boys... So looks like I am probably coming home with out a villa on the coast! HA HA!



Miss you all, but I have got to go and find a snack, places for dinner don't open till 7:30pm which is usually fine, but we eat at 12pm and I just can't wait that long to eat!!!


No comments: