Monday, June 11, 2012



Its been one week...

This weekend was just a very chill weekend in Rome. We didn't really do much of anything that we had originally planned on, there tends to be a bit of drama amongst the crew. Seriously.
Friday night Karen, Scott and I went to eat at an adorable little place in the Campo dei Fiori and I had some very delicious bruschetta (I may be disowned for admitting that) and Spaghetti a Ragu oh and then of course vanilla gelato with fresh berries, because when in Rome :)
Then Jess and Natalia met up with us and we headed over to a bar in the same area and had a few glasses of Prosecco. Its so good here! Not that its not good at home, but the wines just taste better here!

Saturday Karen and I had lunch after my run at a fancy little place called Oporto (?) and then went to Piazza Navonna to look around and do some shopping. We went to H&M and I decided what the heck, i will try some clothes on... and they fit. First time ever to purchase clothes there. I got an obnoxiously neon pink shirt that I will wear the heck out of once I get home, but till then I am going to have to wear it to see Madonna tomorrow night :) Oh thats right I haven't mentioned I'm going yet.... Well guess what Im going to see MADONNA in ROME! yeah so that whole not getting tickets in Houston fiasco ended up being 1 million times better! So yeah, again, my life is terrible! So excited!

So on to the "drama" because I know everyone is just dying to know. There is the "cool" kids group and the others. Obviously I am in the "cool" kids group (have you met me?) and we are very low key, can't stand doing everything in a group 24/7 and then when we do trying to pay for it is the biggest fiasco I have ever encountered. Not everyone has the same budget so then people get pissed off when we tell them where we are going to eat and they can't afford that. So far the others are under the impression that we must be the 16 musketeers at all times. Most of them have never traveled in a group or outside the country or anywhere on their own ever. So the few of us that have, know how this is going to go and have tried to tell people, look its gonna get old in about 3 weeks. Anyways, tempers flared, group didn't understand that when we walked out of the school saying we are all going to the same Piazza and everyone pick a place that they can afford and eat there and we will meet up, message was clear as day. When we got there the memo had been lost and everyone stayed together and it was a mess. Wine was much needed ASAP. After that we all went back to the bar we had gone to the night before, had a prosecco or two and then headed home. We had planned on going to the beach the next day but some of the group wanted to leave at 7 and I was not ok with that, plus I was on the fence anyways. We had a lot of reading to do, I wanted to sleep in for once and I still had laundry to do. While having drinks a few of the "cool" kids decided it wasn't the smartest idea to go and before you know it by the time we wake up the next morning the whole group had decided not to go because we didn't go. I stayed in my room with the door closed most of yesterday. It was delightful and quiet. I don't do well in groups all the time and I need time to decompress. Its hard to live in a dorm room. I have never been so happy to have the college experience I am having, instead of having it 10 years ago and living in a dorm. No thank you.

Like I said, Sunday was nice. I did a lot of reading, went for a really really good run, my fastest yet, tried to do laundry but it was in use all day, read some more and then Dr, Behr made us all dinner. It was nice to have a "home cooked" meal, but you know we all went for gelato afterwards ;)





No comments: