Friday, June 22, 2012

Its been a long week.



This has been an incredibly long week. Schoolwork was completely overwhelming. In a good way of course, because I cant complain about studying in Rome…. To much ☺
Tuesday we went to the first Christian Catacombs and they were aight… nothing too fancy. Some good frescos but no bones or anything fun like that, just a bunch of empty spaces where they used to be.
Wednesday we had tons of work due and of course a stomach bug took me down, it was not pretty. I slept most of that day away, but did go into one class to take my quiz and do my presentation.
Yesterday started out feeling a bit ehhhh but I had to power through because we were spending that day in the 90+ degree heat walking the Coliseum and the Roman Forum and this is one of my most favorite places, ever!

Dear lord it was HOT! And so worth it. I took some great pictures, probably went a bit overboard as usual, but that’s what I do. The group pretty much stayed together most of the day, and around 2pm we were all a bit done with the sun and heat and really needed to sit down somewhere that served prosecco (and food). Tasty, tasty prosecco.



After that Karen, Sara (Dr. Costello), and I took a little walk around the back streets of Rome searching for the Trajan Markets. The museum was so cool to see, it was an open market way back in the day that they have turned into a museum, but some of the views from the top of that place were absolutely breathtaking. I got the chills just seeing Rome like that with the sun setting in the back ground… but it could have also been the sunburn I developed that day too ☺ You could have just called me burple yesterday.



For dinner ScKaMille (Scott, Karen and Camille nick name) went to the same place Scott and I had our great friend date and then bought a couple of cute little bottles of prosecco and sat by the Trevi Fountain and people watched. Life is nice. These two are such a great find and can’t wait to be able to hang out with them when we get back home. They are my kind of people. Jess would have been there too, but she went to go and visit a friend she hadn’t seen in a few years who happened to be in Rome. She’s makes the 4th of our little group. Such good people. It ended up being a really fun night and I got to make another wish in the Trevi, my first one wasn’t that great and this one was more true to what I really wanted. Don’t worry, I got pictures!



All I can say is TGIF. I have had such a week after losing my phone, getting sick and dealing with my debit card that has been canceled twice now. Pain. In. Butt. Not having access to my money. I feel like a schlep. But everyone has been super nice and is loaning till I can figure something out. I was on the phone with them this afternoon verifying where they can send my replacement card when my cell phone died from all the minutes I had used calling them. Just not happy with them right now.




No comments: