Wednesday, June 23, 2010

June 23, 2010

Yesterday was fun, and I do mean fun. My roommate came back from Greece this weekend with a cold. So there has been coughing and blowing of the nose most all night and its been keeping me from sleeping, and I dont sleep well here to begin with. Yesterday bright and early on the way to the Tel, as we all were drifting off to nap time, we were abruptly woken up by the bus staling out. The bus finally bit the dust. Ali the bus driver was NOT a happy camper. We were thrilled. After sitting on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere for about an hour or so, Ali got into a random car and went to get us another bus. I was not happy. We were not happy. We all thought free day!!! No such luck this week since we are closing down. And it has been mass chaos around the dig.

I am sad to see the playing in the dirt come to an end tomorrow. My square since its a new one will be one of the last to stop digging, but I can not tell you how much I am looking forward to not getting up at 3:30 in the morning, getting so filthy that 2 showers a day still doesnt cut it, saying goodbye to pita bread, and most of all saying goodbye to my stiff ass bed and lumpy pillow. I am ready to get in my bed with my puppies and my pillows. I am ready to see my family. I am ready to see my friends and I am ready to start jogging again.

I am thrilled to go to Egypt on Monday. It will be a much needed vacation from my "vacation" I have been on for the past 2 1/2 weeks. :)

I miss you all terribly and love you all!!!

1 comment:

loragaige said...

Missing you too and can't wait for you to be back home. So glad it's been a cool experience, but glad you're staying there forever!! :)