Tuesday, June 8, 2010



Here are a few pics from Amman & Madaba.
Sunday we went took a bus to the Roman Ampitheater, the Citadel, toured the archaeology museum, and then had lunch at Wild Jordan.

Life here is very different. Def a 3rd world country, however the people couldnt be nicer! The hotel staff was awesome about getting my luggage to me and dealing with some of the airlines personel. They took me on a wild goose chase of telephone numbers for a while. I was so happy to see my bag come in at 11 Sunday night, even if I had to get up at 4 am.

I have been on the dig site now for 2 days and it is one of the coolest things ever. I get to sit in dirt with a pic ax and hammer away at dirt and rocks and bugs. Someone found a snake skin today and I made it very clear that I will be the first one to higher ground or on 1/2 way down the hill if I see a live one.

My roommate is awesome. I got really lucky on that front. She is my age and has been living in Cairo for the past 5 years teaching at AUC. She is our resident bone lady. She is also a swimmer and grew up in NYC. How could I not like her? Oh and she likes beer. YAY!! There are some here who frown upon the beer. I found out who those were the first night and havent really chatted with them since I took up with the "drinkers and the going outers"

Right now its about 6 am your time, but I am about ready to hit the pool. I have been eating like a mad woman!

Missing the USA and Mexican food.

3 comments:

loragaige said...

Fun update and keep em coming! So glad to hear that the food is good...that's kinda surprising! :)

Carole said...

Can you please bring me home the blue rug...also please forget about being friends with the non-drinkers...you'll never fit in..:) I am amazingly jealous of your great adventure. Stay safe.

Carole

OhThatNita said...

luv the blue rug & luv the update!! as soon as you get back i think i know where we can go eat!!