Sunday, June 24, 2012

My heart is full of Joy



And my belly is full of good food and yummy prosecco (I channel Monica every time I order a glass). (Singing Fun. we are young)

Tonight was just another beautiful-is-this-really-my-life kind of night. I really don't even know how I got as lucky as I did...

After a very large I can't handle this anymore moment with my room mate, today was amazing and a day away was revitalizing.

Scott was going to get his hair cut at the place that Audrey Hepburn got her hair done while she was here filming Roman Holiday and Karen and I jumped at the chance to get up with him and check out this place. The place was ok, a bit old but still a historical Audrey moment. While Scott was getting his hair cut Karen and I went around the area of the Spanish Steps and went shopping and walking around (and found iced tea) into the fun and fancy shops pointing out which shop we wanted to go into and the shops that we hope to one day be able to afford and be fabulous in. The more and more Karen and I hang out the more and more we realize we were meant to meet on this trip and be friends for life. She's incredible, and allergic to codeine and born 2 days before me. I mean if thats not a selling point, I don't know what is. :)

When Scott was done with his hair cut thing we walked around some more and picked out a cute little place on a side of street to have lunch. I had some very tasty meatballs and potatoes and while enjoying our Italian lunch next thing you know we have a group of street vendors running past us with all their fake Prada and Gucci purses and of course Scott and I can do nothing but laugh since this seems to happen to us more often than not. The polizia were after them and they scattered like little roaches, one guy was so terrified he dropped his load of purses and took off. My instant thought was ooooohhhhh free fake purses, gifts for all! Everyone stopped to watch and even the servers came out to see what all the fuss was about. Lunch and a show. How fun!

Scott decided he had enough of the heat and headed home, and left Karen and I to the shopping. We hit lots of stores and for once I totally knew where I was in this city. Cool feeling. We headed home around 4 to get out of the heat and so I could do some school work and I really just wanted a nap, but I refrained.

For dinner the 3 of us went to Trestevere and found a cute little place in the main square, shared some wine, had some great pasta and just really enjoyed the company of each other. We do that a lot. After that Karen and I decided we wanted to watch the Italy vs UK game, stopped into one bar and got a prosecco and cranberry, met a guy from Egypt and chatted him up a bit, but decided to continue on. So glad that we did because we found such a cute place playing the game that wasn't incredibly crowded, walked right in and got a spot by the bar and by a TV. Only downside was it was by a bunch of people from London, but after talking to them for a but we decide they were cool and they could stay :)

I can't explain the feeling of watching a real soccer game in a country so proud of their team. It was such a rush! My heart was very happy. I really couldn't have asked for a better more random Sunday night. Go Italia! This only made it very clear that I belong here more than I ever really thought. Im not ready to give this up at all. I feel so at home. The people are great.

Karen and I walked around the city for a while hootin and hollerin with the best of them and took a slight detour to the tent shops where the gummy bear buffet was that I have been talking about since I was told about it, and came across a guy that sold us our brand new fancy Italia soccer jackets for 10 euros instead of the 20 in the touristy shops, SCORE, then double score with the gummy bears! Swoon, happy, YAY!

Walking back to the dorm people are still running around with their Italian flags waving behind their vespas and cars, yelling and just so happy and all you can do is take it all in and join in and be a part of the fun!
Such an incredibly awesome night. I really thought my heart was going to bust with joy!

I am meant to be an Italian!

Itlaia for life :)

This had to be the good life1 When you are happy like a fool.... You have to take it all in. Its a feeling you can't fight.

No comments: