Friday, June 18, 2010

June 18, 2010

Ok, I am going to have to complain now. At some point it was going to happen.
I am done with the dirt. I am done with the sun. I am done with pita bread.
For the past week I have been a walking disaster. More so that usual. I started off the week with the lovely travelers disease, missed Monday of the dig, then by Tuesday after the dig I was covered in sun/dirt/heat rash all over my hands and arms. So bad that I was almost in tears by the time we got back to the hotel. By Thursday it has spread to my ears and the back of my neck. It's a lot of fun. I look diseased. Seriously. Its nasty gross.

Oh, and I am in serious need of these things, If anyone is thinking birthday gifts, all of these are acceptable :)
My hair is a dry nasty mess, I am going to need a week of deep conditoner at the salon, I need a massage like you wouldnt believe, I have permanent dirt under my nails and toes, and my face has decided that it doesnt like the elements here. A Spa day is in dire need right now, and I still have 2 more weeks to go! Luckily only 7 more dig days. Today was the first day I have truly not enjoyed going to the dig site. I am super tired all the time. Yesterday we got to skip pottery washing, so I took a 3 hour nap and was still in bed by 9. 3:45 just comes too early.

No comments: