Tuesday, July 3, 2012

We can't eat here.



This past weekend Karen, Scott and I went to the beach and had sooooo much fun! We got up bright and early at 5 am to catch our 7:30 am train, and I can say with our a doubt that none of us are morning people. It was a riot watching us maneuver around that early in the morning. We had a late night (I was working on homework) and Jess and I ended up switching rooms for the night just to make it easier on Karen and I and so that we could get more sleep and not be interrupted.
The train to Naples was great, I think, I may have passed out a few times. I know everyone else did. The train to Vico... not so great. It was as we like to call here in Italy, a ghetto train. Covered in graffiti and no AC. That was a blast - no really it was. 25 stops later we arrived at Vico and jumped for JOY! It was beautiful and well really, we were finally off the bus and were slightly expecting something not so great.
Our hotel was really nice and had a great view of the ocean. We decided to go and grab lunch and then head down to the beach for the rest of the afternoon. It was such a delight. The water was beautiful and clear and just the right temp. The sand, not so much. Hotter than heck! I burned the crud out of my feet because I got so excited and started to take off towards the water and had to quickly turn back for my flip flops. OUCH! It was a great little dip, if you swam out a bit you could look up the cliff and see our hotel and next to it is the cities oldest church and then you could turn around and look the other way and see Mt Vesuvius directly behind you. Cool feeling.
Around 5 we went back up to the room to shower and to figure out how to get the AC on in our room; after many, many tries of pushing the buttons Karen saw that we needed to call down for our AC to be turned on. Yay for Karen and reading directions!
For dinner we headed over to Sorrento and did some shopping and sight seeing. While walking around we found a hotel with a stunning view of the beach and decided this is where we are eating... well no joke they took one look at us and said hold on a moment, then the guy then walked over to another guy and they started talking and I got all fussy over this. I threw a big ol hissy fit and decide that we were not eating here. I took a collective vote in my head and walked off, and I haven't heard the end of it yet :) I do not know what got into me since I am usually the person that will go right on ahead no matter what I look like, my money is just as good as everyone else's, but that place made me flip. Oh well, we ate at a not so great place, and then had to book it home because I thought I was just going to have to lie down in the middle of Sorrento and die from feeling so sick to my stomach. We got home and Scott and I passed right out and Karen went to Skype her parents, poor Karen, we told her we would still be up when she got done. Sadly the old folks hit the bed and were done for the day.


No comments: